Research Cell, Delhi Metropolitan Education, Noida, with a vision to encourage academic research, has incorporated the review guidelines for the research articles submitted to the E-Journals to promote integrity, excellence and originality. The guidelines ensure publication of high-quality research articles. The process shall be peer-reviewed and conducted with utmost transparency, fairness and privacy. The policy aims to provide a quality control mechanism and ensure objectivity and confidentiality throughout the review process.
- Submission of paper: After receiving the acceptance, the authors shall be required to submit their final papers in the format as prescribed by the e-journal along with the reference list.
- The final papers received shall be first subjected to similarity check done by Head, Research Cell using Turnitin software.
- UGC (Promotion of Academic Integrity and Prevention of Plagiarism in Higher Educational Institutions) Regulations, 2018 shall be followed to ensure that final papers are free of plagiarism and have similarity within the permissible limits (10% as per UGC Regulations).As per the UGC norms, the similarity check for plagiarism shall exclude the following:
- All quoted work reproduced with all necessary permission and/or attribution.
- All references, bibliography, table of content, preface and acknowledgements.
- All generic terms, laws, standard symbols and standards equations.
- Further, the similarity percentage shall exclude a common knowledge or coincidental terms, up to fourteen (14) consecutive words.
- After plagiarism check is done, the final papers with similarity within the permissible limits will enter the review process for format and quality check.
- The final papers with similarity above the limits prescribed by UGC shall be sent back to the authors for revision along with the Similarity Report. The revised manuscripts shall be submitted within stipulated time.
- After receipt of revised manuscript (S. No. 6), the paper shall again be subjected to similarity check and if similarity beyond permissible limit remains, the paper shall be rejected. The papers within acceptable similarity percentage shall be forwarded to Editor-in-Chief/Chief Editor/Editorial/Executive Editorial Board for furthering the review process.
- The review process shall be conducted in two stages (Review I and Review II). For the details of the stages along with the important details, the guidelines at the end can be referred to.
- Review shall include two aspects:
- Format check: Editorial/Executive Editorial Board members of the e-journal shall review the formats of the submitted research papers in accordance with the manuscript guidelines of the e-journal.
- Quality check: Editorial/Executive Editorial Board members shall review the content quality of papers on the parameters including (but not restricted to) novelty, research objectives/questions, relevance, expressions, methodology used by the authors and outcomes and or policy suggestions.
- After the review process is over, the reviews received from the Editorial/Executive Editorial Board shall be communicated to the authors (suggestions, improvements, etc.) by the e-Journal Coordinators.
- Authors will be given adequate time to make the suggested revisions in their submissions and re-submit. The manuscripts received shall go through the Review by the Editorial/Executive Editorial Board to check if the changes have been incorporated by the authors.
- Based upon the review process, papers will be classified in following categories:
- Unconditional Acceptance i.e. paper accepted without revisions
- Acceptance with minor revisions/ corrections
- Conditional acceptance i.e. paper to be accepted only after major revisions/changes
- Rejection of Papers
- The status of acceptance/ rejection shall be communicated as follows:
- In case of unconditional acceptance, the paper shall be considered final. In case of manuscript which has been accepted, if author wishes to make any changes, he/she can inform the e-journals Managing Editor or Editor-in-Chief/ Chief editor (as the case may be) through e-mail and submit the revised manuscript within 10 days of communication of acceptance.
- If any revision is suggested by the Editorial/Executive Editorial Board, the author shall be given adequate time to make the requisite revisions.
- Before publication of the paper, consent shall be sought from the authors along with submission of other forms like Declaration of Originality and Transfer of Copyright.